Re: [SLE] The Linus Letter
  • From: Dave Smith <Dave.Smith@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 16:40:03 +0100
On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 10:07:57AM -0500, dep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> begin John B's quote:
>
> | Is that letter *really* an april fool's thing or not? This
> | shouldn't be allowed to be kept unclear too long, too many times
> | jokes have proved they can do amazing damage.
> | So, if anyone can give us enough info on it to let us give a sigh
> | of relief, please do so.
>
> there's a pretty good rundown of it -- and of the nifty new qt -- in
> the top story at http://www.linuxandmain.com/news/
>
> it's a big day for the community, that's for sure.

Guys, credit us with *some* intelligence...
(Well, maybe not all of us)

Of course it's an April Fool. Do you really think that Linus would choose
to quit Linux development at midnight on April Fools' Day?

Of course, I have no proof, but I'd be willing to bet a crisp tenner on
it... (GBP, no new-fangled euro things round 'ere)

As to whether it's posted by Linus or a spoof, I won't comment...

And spaghetti *does* grow on trees.

--
David Smith Work Email: Dave.Smith@xxxxxx
STMicroelectronics Home Email: David.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx