Re: [SLE] CrossOver Office with SuSE Linux
  • From: John Scott <fyrbrds@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:10:10 +0100

gerhard@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

* Matthew Johnson <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 10:58:50PM
-0800)

<snip>

Which is exactly their target audience.

Hell if this works well, and I can use X-over office to get rid of a bunch
of windows machines in the office and replace them with Linux boxes I have
1) already recouped my (minimal) investment in the Xover office suite
2) a more stable environment for some of my users
3) a bunch of users who cannot find minesweeper anymore ;)

YEA!! That is EXACTLY my point all along. This will bridge the gap. It will (or I should say could) remove the last hurtle most people face when trying to get rid of Windows altogether. If you look at it like that, it can't be bad.

Gerhard, <@jasongeo.com> == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==

John