Re: [SLE] CrossOver Office with SuSE Linux
  • From: Jon Biddell <jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 21:38:05 +1100

3) a bunch of users who cannot find minesweeper anymore ;)

I had this exact problem a few years ago with Solitaire- even deleting the application didn't make any difference, they just complained !!

I had a friend write a small VB app that was called SOL.EXE - it picked up the user's network login ID and displayed a message "<username>, you are attempting to play an unauthorised game during work time. This has been logged for management purposes".

Complete with a times (set to 30 seconds), and it virtually hung the machine (you couldn't get rid of it for those 30 seconds...:-)

Problem instantly solved !!

< Previous Next >