Re: [SLE] [OT]SuSE's Enterprize server kernel?
  • From: Dmitry Melekhov <dm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:34:05 -0400
Mark Hounschell wrote:

We suspect there are more bios bugs in their board/bios. They insist (as
always) that the problem is not theirs. They say that we have to run an
"Enterprise kernel" to get support for 4 processors. Is that a crock or
what? What this "slot" problem has to do with the kernel is
beyond me. Either way I was wondering if anyone knows of specific things
in SuSE Enterprise
kernel that could possibly help with this kind of thing. I can see that
is is a 2.4.7 kernel
from the info in their site.
Certanly, you don't need enterprise kernel for 4 processors support :-)
Any kernel from kernel.org will work for you.

Is Dell giving me a line of sh#t. We have tried MANY kernels and also
even Red Hat

I also has problems with SAP certified 2.4.16 Suse's kernel on SAP certified HP hardware ;-)