Re: [SLE] This should turn some heads....
  • From: Derek Fountain <fountai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:22:37 +0000
On Wednesday 27 March 2002 2:12 pm, you wrote:
This should give the Linux desktop a major boost: Apart from MSFT delaying
tactics to the contary....:

Announcing CrossOver Office, new Support system (Jeremy White, Wed Mar 27
04:58:09 2002)

It'll never be an enterprise solution, but for a lone desktop user needing
Office compatibility it'll do the job without the overhead (ie cost and
machine resources) of Vmware.

Notes works really well under Wine, so I think the technology is about there.
I'd much rather use Openoffice, but if I ever find myself with a Linux
desktop in a Microsoft shop, these guys will be my first port of call. Good
luck to them I say!

--
2:18pm up 21 days, 23:45, 2 users, load average: 0.03, 0.04, 0.01