Re: [SLE] SuSE and MAC OS and Doze and MAC software
  • From: Brian Durant <durant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:00:16 +0700
On Tuesday 26 March 2002 09:45, you wrote:
On a mac, SuSE and OSX can be installed in dual boot.  Mac programs can
be run in MOL (mac on linux)  I don't know about running wine or
anything like that.

Neither WINE nor MOL are emulation programs. They only provide an environment
within which programs that normally can run on that specific hardware can run
under Linux. MOL will never run on a 486 or better Intel compatible machine
and likewise, WINE will not run on a PPC system. As an earlier posting
suggested, to do what you are talking about requires an emulation program
such as BOCHS, Basilisk, etc. My experience is that emulation runs poorly at
best. This includes such commercial programs as Connectix* VirtualPC. Try
instead to find programs that match your needs in which ever platform you
choose to use as your main platform of choice.

Good luck,

Brian