Re: [SLE] Which FAQ? (was Re: [SLE] Archive search technique (was...
  • From: Christopher Mahmood <ckm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:51:09 -0800
tried the FAQ link at the bottom of list messages,
where I learned wonderfully important stuff about
how to pronounce SuSE and whether SuSE is publicly
traded.

Er, yeah, that's less than useful. Removed.

So, not to be ungrateful or anything, but Togan's
message was a more helpful reply than yours.

That's because Togan is a much nicer person than I am.

This leaves another question. Is there a link to
that unofficial FAQ in a prominent place that I've
been overlooking? If there's an official FAQ,
other than the "How do you pronounce SuSE..."
then maybe that should be displayed. Or, maybe
Togan's FAQ link should be at the bottom of
every message.

Well, I assume that people who subscribe read the information they
are sent in the welcome message that tells you how to retrieve the
faq, messages from the archive, unsubscribe from another address,
etc. Every message that comes to you from our lists says to send a
mail to listname-help@xxxxxxxx to learn about the other commands as
well. I assume this even though much of my day is spent responding
to bounces people forward me (often with rude comments) and similar
things caused by their failing to read the stuff that is accessible
through the other commands.

By the way, silly me, I've got about 10,000 [SLE]
messages saved locally, and I did not do a search
on them for "faq". Why? You ask? Well, because
"faq" appears at the bottom of all 10,000 of them,
so I thought it might be a bit redundant to search...

It doesn't anymore.

--

-ckm