A Faster System
  • From: Darren Harmon <darren.harmon1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:36:15 +0000
Hi;

I have a choice of hard disk setup options. Which one is faster for linux?

1. Use Two hard drives at ATA66, in which I place the swap partition and VAR
partition on the other disk, so linux will access both disks at the same
time. (ie. opening a program and writing a log).

2. Use one disk at ATA100. (only one disk due to the IDE cable not being
long enough - I have a full tower and some of the drive bays are quite away
from the motherboard)

If 2. then will SuSE 7.2 support the Promise Ultra ATA100 controller on the
Asus A7V motherboard?

Thanks for your help.
--

---------