Re: [SLE] java
  • From: Tim Prince <tprince@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 05:41:57 -0800
On Monday 25 March 2002 04:13, Peter Lewis wrote:
I installed the IBM jre from SuSE and the current Netscape from the NS site.
After a few passes of YOU they began to work together automagically. I
believe I am getting partial java function from Opera, but most sites which
activate java are attempting to block Opera, even with the "IE 5.0" setting.
I chose the IBM jre for its reputed better performance, and it appears to
function well with NS.
Ihave Opera working on java by doing much as described by Fergus. Sometimes
an aplet will not display and the java console not that useful as it will
only display messages after it has been started and you can not start the
console until the aplet is loaded! A real "Catch 22" if I ever met one.

Peter