Re: [SLE] Unpacking Divx
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 19:30:03 +0100
On Sunday 24 March 2002 19.26, Keith Winston wrote:
On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 09:56:31AM -0800, Cincai Patron wrote:
Hi,
Sorry for not answering your question (cause I haven't get the
latest divx you just mentioned), but after unpacking libdivx,
what player should I use to play divx movies?

I use MPlayer. The home page for MPlayer is http://www.mplayerhq.hu/.
Everything you need you can get from that page. A word of caution,
compiling and setting everything up takes a little effort.

xine (http://xine.sourceforge.net) is also very good, and there are a couple
of side projects to give it a better GUI as well. There's even one to
integrate it into arts/noatun. mplayer is nice but its gui needs to be shot
and buried.

//Anders