Re: [SLE] SuSE7.3 Postfix (pop) connection refused
  • From: Landy Roman <landy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 11:55:44 -0500 (EST)
who is the mail owner

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 17:44:52 +0100
Alain Barthélemy <bartydeux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hello,

My problem is the following

I hope there is a guru of SuSE7.3 that can help
me

On my servor Postfix I upgraded SuSE7.2 =>
SuSE7.3 I installed the same
/etc/postfix/main.cf config file after upgrading

I do then

telnet localhost 25 : OK connected

telnet localhost 110 : connection refused

The /spool/mail/mailboxes are filling up without
problems

Bur impossible to retrive the mail port 110
seems to be unacessible

SuSEfirewall and personal-firewall are not
started => thus normally no firewall on the
Postfix servor

In /etc/inetd.conf I uncommented the two lines
with pop2 and pop3

I had the same problem with Postfix installed on
a PPP G3 with SuSE7.3PPC

Thus it seems to be a particular problem of
SuSE7.3

Is there a line I must uncomment somewhere in
hidden-firewall.conf?

Is there something new in SuSE7.3 that blocks
port 110?

What must I do apart from reinstalling SuSE7.2?

There is nothing in ./var/log/mail and
/var/log/messages apart from "connection
refused"

I repeat: the mailboxes are filling up OK and no
firewall on the servor and Posfix worked without
problem on SuSE7.2

--
Alain Barthélemy

cassandre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx