SuSE7.3 Postfix (pop) connection refused
Hello,

My problem is the following

I hope there is a guru of SuSE7.3 that can help me

On my servor Postfix I upgraded SuSE7.2 => SuSE7.3
I installed the same /etc/postfix/main.cf config file after upgrading

I do then

telnet localhost 25 : OK connected

telnet localhost 110 : connection refused

The /spool/mail/mailboxes are filling up without problems

Bur impossible to retrive the mail port 110 seems to be unacessible

SuSEfirewall and personal-firewall are not started => thus normally no
firewall on the Postfix servor

In /etc/inetd.conf I uncommented the two lines with pop2 and pop3

I had the same problem with Postfix installed on a PPP G3 with SuSE7.3PPC

Thus it seems to be a particular problem of SuSE7.3

Is there a line I must uncomment somewhere in hidden-firewall.conf?

Is there something new in SuSE7.3 that blocks port 110?

What must I do apart from reinstalling SuSE7.2?

There is nothing in ./var/log/mail and /var/log/messages apart from
"connection refused"

I repeat: the mailboxes are filling up OK and no firewall on the servor and
Posfix worked without problem on SuSE7.2

--
Alain Barthélemy

cassandre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bartydeux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx