Re: [SLE] su probleme
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 16:46:27 +0100
On Saturday 23 March 2002 16.38, Calinoiu Alexandru Nicolae wrote:
I have this starnge probleme with the "su" command.
Here it goes:
I am loged as a user and when I type in my console
su. I get this mesage "su: incorect password".
It does not let me to type a user or a pass it gest
prints out that message.
The other programs in Kde I try to run as root show
a error mesage.

Can anyoane help,
Thanks,

Hi,

How have you set your security settings in yast? If you choose "paranoid" su
will cease to function (actually, what happens is that su loses its suid bit
which it needs to function). Either select a lower security setting or log in
as root on the console and do "chmod u+s /bin/su".

Also, su never prompts for a username. If you want to su to another user, use
"su username"

regards
Anders

< Previous Next >