Re: [SLE] nVidia+Matrox=Trouble (Scenario 2)
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 11:48:03 +0100
On Saturday 23 March 2002 11.39, Jon Clausen wrote:
If this works, then there's just the issue of telling the system to make
the nVidia card the primary one... (and subsequently exchanging the :1 with
:0 in the above startx statement) any ideas on that?

Two things: first, the :1 and :0 is counting X servers, not graphics cards.
The first server you start, if you don't say differently, will be called :0
and the second will be :1.

second, I have an AGP nvidia card and a PCI matrox card (just one monitor,
that's why I haven't tested xinerama yet) and for me which card is primary is
selected by the BIOS. In my bios I have a setting called (from memory) "init
AGP first" (or something very similar) and if I check that the nvidia card is
primary, if it's unchecked the matrox card is primary.

//Anders