Re: [SLE] Hello, anybody home?
  • From: "Rafael E. Herrera" <raffo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 17:13:23 -0500
David Herman wrote:
On Friday 22 March 2002 04:08 am, Rafael E. Herrera wrote:

I posted a solution to the same problem early this year. Could you
search the list archives?

I've often seen people suggest "searching the archives"
I've tried this myself but I haven't found an actual search mechanism there, just monthly listings. :-(. Perhaps you could point it out for us.

On the other hand maybe you could give a Time frame so he wouldn't have to sift through all 15,000 messages since the beginning of the year. Even viewing 1 month's worth of messages takes quite some time @ 56 k.
For example I went to Dec 2000, and clicked sort by subject when I started this message, I'm a really slow typist, but the page is still loading.

Pardon my snippy reply but I hate it when I I look for "hamburger" in the phone book and it tells me to look under "burgers, ham" rather than just giving the answer.

Well, if you would have actually tried you would have found the solution I posted.

Very simple, go to the SuSE web site, navigate until you get the mail list archives,

http://lists2.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/

I said I posted a solution early this year, so start by loading January,

http://lists2.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2002-Jan/

Open up your browser's search panel and search for my name "Rafael", look
at the posts (not that many) and you eventually would have found:

http://lists2.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2002-Jan/2544.html

All the above is no different than doing a google search.

--
Rafael

< Previous Next >