ATI AIW drivers
  • From: Dave Yorke <dyorke77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:51:03 -0800 (PST)
Anybody else out there have an ATI All-in-Wonder card
they've configured with the gatos drivers in vanilla
SuSE 7.3? As a newbie, I've followed the directions
on the gatos homepage to best of my ability, using the
conservative install which is supposed to work with
XFree 4.10 (therefore Suse 7.3). I backed up my X11R6
folder, extracted the files from the gz file, and am
unable to launch X. It keeps coming up with "no
screens found". Are there any additional steps to
take to get this to work? The main reason I'm trying
to get these new drivers installed is to have the
hardware acceleration to watch DVDs and then
eventually video capture. I'm still learning the
"SuSe way" of handling the XF86Config files, but even
running Sax didn't help me get X running again. Help!