RE: [SLE] [OT] Stouts
  • From: Art Fore <art_fore@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:52:11 -0800
Have been reading all of the threads on Stouts, so will give my two cents
worth, having been in Germany for 9 1/2 years, and in every western European
country in addition (even though I realize the British don't consider
themselves European).

The best German beer is Weinstephen, which you do not get outsite of
sourthern Germany, and it is from the brewery that trains many of the worlds
Brewmeisters, including those from Tsingtau in China. We go every Wednesday
night to a British Pub in San Jose, and I have to say they have some very
good beer, on draught yet, but still am partial to Weinstephen. One thing
that really makes the beer also is the atmosphere in the pub or
Kneipe(German pub). Been to Ireland, Italy (terrible beer), Spain and
Portugal, Belgium, Holland, and others, still like the Wheinstephen better,
althought they all have better beers than the US.

As far as America, they have no "real" beer, the only thing worth drinking
is MGD, and that is marginal.

Art