Re: [SLE] [OT] Stouts
On Wednesday 20 March 2002 17:40, Joshua Lee wrote:
On Tuesday 19 March 2002 10:20 am, Nick Zentena wrote:
On March 18, 2002 04:39 pm, Christopher Mahmood wrote:
OK, I'm taking requests for a new list, suse-beer-e. Of course,
this thread would be OT there as well since it really belongs on
suse-ale-e. We can probably get away with not having a German
version of suse-ale, esp. since the Bavarians/Franconians don't seem
fond of "alt bier". Roger, will you be list owner?

Does the US still have it's interesting rules for deciding what is
called an ale and what is called a beer?

They certainly do. For example, Coors is called a beer when it should be
called thick "rocky-mountain springwater."

Commenting n Busch products,. an Englishman commented that it was Watery Fizz.

But there is good beer made in St. Louis, Mo. It is made by the Schlafly
family (yes, Phyllis's family) and sold in bottles throughout Missouri. You
can have a great draught of it at the Tap Room in St. Louis. "It", by the
way, is several brews, including various forms of stout, lager and
pilsner-type beers and weitzen.

dj tuchler

--
dj tuchler