RE: Re: [SLE] STAROFFICE GOES COMMERCIAL, AND STAYS OPEN-SOURCE
  • From: DSprankle2@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dale A. Sprankle II)
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:03:53 -0500
"Timothy R. Butler" <tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

StarOffice 6.0 will come with
enhanced features and added support, but at a price, as Sun aims
to attract a wider audience towards the office-productivity
software suite. A less sophisticated version of the product will
still be available for free download.
http://www.idg.net/go.cgi?id=654472

I wonder how many people will actually pay for StarOffice instead of using
OpenOffice? IMO, if all of the Linux distros start to include OpenOffice.org,
it will probably fare better than StarOffice...
That brings me to a question - will SuSE 8.0 be including OpenOffice.org?

-Tim