Re: [SLE] SOCKS and SSH and a newbie
  • From: schutt <schutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:25:22 -0500 (EST)
Hi Ben,

Ben said:
Isn't -v the switch for version?

Try this..

ssh user@domain

Leave the -v off.

for this ssh:
"-v" is for verbose
"-V" is for version.

It does the same thing without the -v flag, however.

---
Thanks Anders,

Anders said:
socks doesn't appear to be the problem. The message is SOCKS *not* used.

Since the error message is so short, a simple connection refused, it looks
like the port simply isn't open. Try an nmap on the machine you're trying to
connect to (check with the sysadmin first, so he'll know what you're up to),
or a simple "telnet machine 22", just to see if you can get a connection.

I've been able to ssh in with windows, so I think the port is open.

-Derek

< Previous Next >