Re: [SLE] cd /usr/src/linux (compiling kernel)
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 10:42:50 -0800
USB and PCMCIA modes are often listed in the initrd. :)

If one is using 7.2 --> up then SuSE makes use of the initrd :)

A good way is to check /etc/rc.config and see. If one doesn't see this
section...then they are most likely not using and initrd. :)

--
INITRD_MODULES=" <whatever modules maybe listed> "
--

If the above has modules listed after it in the /etc/rc.config then
initrd is used. :)

Remember a newbie who hasn't been running SuSE for more then a few
months will most likely be running 7.2 or 7.3 :)

Cheers! and Have a good weekend.

* Dave Smith (Dave.Smith@xxxxxx) [020316 10:36]: