Re: [SLE] cd /usr/src/linux (compiling kernel)
  • From: Brian Durant <durant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 01:43:28 +0700
On Sunday 17 March 2002 01:35, you wrote:
I stand corrected (I don't need an initrd, so I usually forget this stage).

However, the chances are that given the person involved appears to have
little linux experience, they are unlikely to have a setup requiring an
initrd (ReiserFS/NFS/SCSI root).  OK, they might have SCSI disks, but
I'd wager that an initrd is unnecessary.  I'm trying to keep things as
simple as possible :-)

Well, it looks like I have done everything I can do. Hopefully you will hear
from me again tomorrow morning without this subject heading on my e-mails ;-)

Thanks again to all for support and patience.

Brian

< Previous Next >