Re: [SLE] cd /usr/src/linux (compiling kernel)
  • From: Dave Smith <Dave.Smith@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 18:35:43 +0000
On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 10:28:03AM -0800, ben@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
You have to rerun lilo after mk_initrd or so I was told. No matter when
it was run in the past. The two last things that should be done on 7.2
or 7.3 and the upcoming 8.0 are mk_initrd and lilo to update it so it
knows where the correct initrd is ;)

I stand corrected (I don't need an initrd, so I usually forget this stage).

However, the chances are that given the person involved appears to have
little linux experience, they are unlikely to have a setup requiring an
initrd (ReiserFS/NFS/SCSI root). OK, they might have SCSI disks, but
I'd wager that an initrd is unnecessary. I'm trying to keep things as
simple as possible :-)

--
David Smith Work Email: Dave.Smith@xxxxxx
STMicroelectronics Home Email: David.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx