Sound volume on startup
  • From: "Luis Oliveira" <lpoliveira@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:02:42 -0000
Hi,

Trying to figure the reason why the sound volume on my laptop on startup
is always very low, but not getting there. I have upgraded to alsa 0.9
(before was 0.5.2) but the problem persists. To put the volume in a
comfortable level I have to go always to kmix or alsamixer and touch on
the lever of volume level to put it normal (I've just to touch slightly
on volume level to put the volume back to normal. Even if I save the
volume level, the machine always starts at low levels, if I shutdown the
machine. I know is just a small nuisance, but doing it every time that I
fire SuSE can be bothersome. This kind of problem doesn't happen with
Windows XP Pro (I have it installed on another partition)

SuSE Pro 7.3

Kernel 2.4.18

Evo N600c Compaq laptop

Anyone has suggestions ?