Re: [SLE] Evolution in 7.3
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 07:41:09 +0100
On Friday 15 March 2002 07.33, Bryce Hardy wrote:
On Thursday 14 March 2002 12:57 pm, Robert Schwedler wrote:
If you are talking about the version that shipped with 7.3 it was a Beta.
If you want a working version goto
http://www.ximian.com/products/ximian_evolution/ it's up to 1.0

I have the exact thing happening to me, and it didn't change when I
installed the new Evolution 1.0.2 from the SuSE ftp site. The popup dialog
says that a certain file (libmoniker_std.so) is missing, but I followed the
full path it specified, and it looks like the file is there. I would also
like to know what's up.

If you get a message that a certain lib is missing, and the error message even
gives the full path to the lib, you can bet good money that the file
mentioned is a symlink, and that it's the linked file that's missing.

ls -l /opt/gnome/lib/bonobo/monikers/libmoniker_std.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Mar 12 12:35
/opt/gnome/lib/bonobo/monikers/libmoniker_std.so -> libmoniker_std.so.0.0.0

rpm -qf /opt/gnome/lib/bonobo/monikers/libmoniker_std.so.0.0.0
bonobo-1.0.19-39

If you have something like bonobo-ximian it's probable the Xims have moved the
lib somewhere else, so the link is now pointing into binary space

//Anders

< Previous Next >