Re: [SLE] Advices for a new cd-recorder?
  • From: "Purple Shirt" <purpleshirt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:08:58

Don't hustle into buying the cheapest offer you see!!!!!!!!!!!

There are only two cd burner manufacturers who can match my feature criteria.

LITEON or Plexwriter.

I explain why. Plexwriter has a strong brand and their burners are of first class. They also have their price and I would probably only buy one if LITEON would not exist.

Why LITEON? They are a cheap asian manufacturer. Because their burners have the most features. What do you mean features? Copy-protected games!? They handle anything.

Have a look at this list:

http://www.elby.org/CloneCD/english/cdr_a.htm

I want a burner that functions with clonecd and gives me the possiblity to copy all those copy-protected games I own so I actually have a backup. What good is a burner if it can't copy games? In addition I would use daemontools 3.0 to run games of an image of the CD.

I'd probably go for the LITEON 40x/32x/12x (LTR 32122B) today. $220 in Australia right now. In the USA:

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=550413/ut=9084df099550537f/

mk