Re: [SLE] web log
  • From: Keith Winston <kwinston@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:39:26 -0500
On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 06:19:04PM -0500, Landy Roman wrote:

i saw these entries in my weblog anything i can do against this

[snip]

You are being attacked by a Code Red infected Windows server. Since you
are running Apache, you are immune, except to the bandwidth and CPU waste.
If it is a persistant problem from the same server, you can track down the
owner and let them know to patch or take their server offline.

If you want to be a vigilante, I vaguely remember a perl script that
someone wrote to shutdown their server, but that may be kind of drastic :)

Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MSCE, N+
you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one