Re: [SLE] SuSE 8.0?
  • From: jon@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:26:54 +1100
Ack! Babelfish should be renamed to Butcherfish :). Feel sorry for SuSE
when that US company used Babelfish to translate an e-mail into German.
Must have been caught between laughing or crying :).

Matt
Ps Yes generally better than nothing.

I will print the pages and get a German friend to translate them correctly...:-)

Speaking of translations, that reminds me of a guy I used to work with - he had
a manual translated from English to German, and some time later had to go back
the other way for some reason. At that point, they realised that the original
Ennglish -> German translation had been, shall we say, less than perfect
(a "phonetic" translation, rather than a "grammatical" one).

In the original, it spoke of putting a plug into a socket, which was translated
into German as something like "put der plug into der schlit" - apparently "der
schlit" is somewhat descriptive of part of the female anatomy...:-)

Much hillarity ensued !!!

Jon