Re: [SLE] Problen with sound - none - with Audigy MP3+
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dougmack@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 17:53:18 -0500
/rant/
I've never been able to understand why someone who is willing to
spend hundreds of dollars for a system, and _buy_ an operating
system, is not willing to spend the few paltry dollars
that people tend to charge for commercial Linux code. Like
the 4-Front product. If it didn't work, I could understand the
reluctance. From what I've heard and seen, the technology does
work. If not send it back and demand a refund. Remember,
free software, is NOT the same as free beer. We're all about to
get a nice free word processor from Sun, StarOffice 6.0,--really
for free, I believe, but NOT free software--do you want egg in your
beer?
/rant off/
--doug