Re: [SLE] Yast and the next version of SuSE
  • From: Curtis Rey <crrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 15:56:02 -0600
What I have never been able to figure out is how to run yast2 to paruse the
suse ftp site. The only thing i have been able to use it OnlineUpdate which
only reads the updates. I would love to figure out how to use yast2 to see
the supplementary dirs, etc. I see that it has an expert interface but i
have never gotten it to work right, heck for that matter it will only let me
see the suse.com and the gwde sites - all the others either time out or won't
allow entrance. This would be a big deal for me because in yast1 one has the
ablility to compare versions from remote to local files and see if the
versions are new or old.

Anyone who call tell me how to use yast2 to browse the ftp site please let me
know. TIA.

Cheers, Curtis