Re: [SLE] Printing HTML Source
  • From: gilson redrick <gilsonr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 12:24:09 -0500
On Saturday, 09 March 2002 21:00, Jason A.Van Cleve wrote:
I've been trying to print an HTML file as plain text, but my lpr command
insists on converting it as an HTML document

Hi, Jason & Co.:

Maybe there are easier ways (I'd love to learn them!), but this is what I've
been doing. I use mostly Mozilla (but I suppose it doesn't matter which
browser). When you have the text on the screen, highlight it (that is, take
the tip of the mouse arrow to the beginning of the text you want to
highlight, *hold* the left button down *while* you swipe the mouse arrow to
the end of the text, *then* let the button go. The text should be
highlighted. Do a Ctrl-c (that is, hold the 'Ctrl' down *while* you tap the
'c' key. That copies the text to the clipboard. Now, go to a text editor (I
use KWrite or Kate), and when I see the cursor blinking, I paste the text
(Ctrl-v). That's all.

Regards,

gr (in /usually/ sunny, balmy Florida)
"Never believe anything you read, and rarely believe anything you think."
Derrick Jensen