Re: [SLE] Experiences with HP 7400 series scanner?
  • From: David List <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 01:18:31 +0100
On Saturday 09 March 2002 22:42, Patrick wrote:

....<snip>
This is probably the place to start in deciding on a scanner! Overall,
the Epson scanners are best supported, but the HPs are good scanners,
just don't provide the Sane group with info to build the backends.

I am aware of that - that was my concern in this case, since I could not
find useful information.

This is from a mail I sent to the group describing special programs for
the Epson. If you want to see the entire thing, either visit the mail
archives and do a search for scanners or let me know.

Thank you very much.

Of course, always visit this site first for information on Sane
supported scanners and backend links. This site has invaluable
information on just about every scanner available, plus USB support
links in getting those working.
http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/scanners-usb.html

Thanks for the link. I see that the 7400 series is mentioned here. However,
I intend to use the SCSI interface on this thing. I hope that should make
things easier. Problems with USB and the 7400 series are mentioned on the
page.

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards,
David List