man & info pages in konq--------------
  • From: David Herman <ob1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:16:17 -0800
I've been trying to restore ultimate functionality to my SuSE 7.2
system and have run into a couple of problems.

1) SuSE help is working as expected except that If I try to browse the
pdf book collection using it all I see is postscript code

2) If I type "# touch" in the location field in Konq I expect the man
page for touch to appear but instead I recieve the message "KDE Man
Viewer ErrorNo man page matching to touch found."

3) Same problem if I try to use Info:/ dir. Expect Info pages to show
up but get error instead.

I've got apache running, (START_HTTPD)
(DOC_ALLOW) set to Yes
(DOC_SERVER) set to Yes
(START_INETD) set to Yes

127.0.0.1 localhost
is in my /etc/hosts file

I'm using susehelp and susehelpcenter from the distribution as the
online updete version broke the functions that they were installed to
provide. If I use the versions for 7.3 problems 2 and 3 seem to go
away, but I cant use susehelpcenter to search the manpages (the option
disappears)

Basically I want to be able to get help either way depending on what I
need.

By the way man and info do work from the command line.

Hope thats enough information, I eagerly await your replies B-)
dh