Re: [SLE] SMTP mail from ISP
  • From: Dave Smith <Dave.Smith@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 17:14:03 +0000
On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 03:24:30PM +0000, phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

As well as the standard 5 pop3 email accounts, my ISP also offers SMTP email,
where anyaddress@xxxxxxxxxxxx gets sent to a mail server on my machine, which
I would like to setup.

I have read the sendmail docs, and it seams it is quite easy to set-up, I
either need to setup new user accounts for the email addresses or use aliases
to map them on to existing ones. I also need to add 'mydomain.com' to the
list of 'local domains' in the sendmail config files. The problem is that
the docs say that for any domains in the local domain list must have a vaild
DNS record pointing to my server. The 'domain' does have a vaild DNS record,
but it points to my ISP's server.

I have a similar setup to you. Sometime over the weekend I'll try to send
you my config files.

--
David Smith Work Email: Dave.Smith@xxxxxx
STMicroelectronics Home Email: David.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx