Re: [SLE] email client and Yahoo smtp
  • From: Keith Winston <kwinston@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 08:17:46 -0500
On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 12:54:41PM +0000, Derek Fountain wrote:
I wish someone would tell me how to configure SuSE's Sendmail config to
support SMTP authentication. I tried to figure it out myself but got nowhere.
Surely someone must know how to do it?

I can help you set up outbound SMTP on Postfix, but for security and sanity
reasons, the first thing I do on a fresh SuSE install is remove sendmail
and install postfix.

Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+
wielder of vi(m), an ancient, dangerous and powerful magic