Upgrading from version 7.1 to 7.3
  • From: Harlan Bloom <harlanb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 22:27:52 -0600
Hello,
I really hope this is the right place to get some help. If not, could someone kindly point me in the proper direction???

I recently upgraded my laptop from version 7.1 to 7.3 of SuSE Linux. Prior to the upgrade, I had a PCMCIA ethernet card working quite fine; after the upgrade I get the error message below. I have tried rebuilding the kernel and the modules without sucess.
I don't believe there is anything wrong with my ethernet card since the message below is indicating a problem with the cardmgr not starting up properly.

harlan@starpad:~> su -
Password:
starpad:~ # cd /etc/rc.d
starpad:/etc/rc.d # ./pcmcia stop
Shutting down PCMCIA done
starpad:/etc/rc.d # ./pcmcia start
Starting external PCMCIA (using scheme: SuSE)startproc: exit status of parent of /sbin/cardmgr: 1
failed
starpad:/etc/rc.d #

My system configuration:
IBM Thinkpad 380D (Pentium 150MMX)
80M RAM
20G HD dual-booting Linux and NT Workstation 4.0 (this still works just fine)
Linksys Etherfast 10/100 Integrated PC Card Model PCM100 (same card that I used under 7.1)

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Harlan...