Re: [SLE] viRtual ram
  • From: James Mohr <suse_mailing_list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 20:18:28 +0100
On Wednesday 06 March 2002 15:13, Dave Smith wrote:
<snip>
For pre-2.4 kernels, there has been no reason for swap > physical ram.
However, ISTR that recent changes to the VM subsystem have required larger
amounts of swap to be available; mails from Linus to the linux-kernel mail
list have confirmed this. Have a trawl around the web.

Hi Dave!

I would be very much interested in seeing this. If you find something, let us
know.

Regards,

jimmo

--
"Science has promised man power...But, as so often happens when people are