Re: [SLE] SuSEfirewall2 help needed
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 12:48:49 +0200
* Dallam; <dallam.wyche@xxxxxxxxxx> on 06 Mar, 2002 wrote:
On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 10:10:26AM +0200, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:

1.) Grap a newer version of the SuSEFirewall 2 the one you are using is
not the stable version

Hi Togan,
I installed the newer version from marcs site, edited the config
file....still fails in stage 2, weird. I will do some looking around
and see what I can come up with, something else must not be right as
this seems like it should be a really simple thing to get working.

OK does it continue and runs the final stage or it just dies ?

If it does run the final stage then it is ok
SuSEfirewall_init requires serial to be working
SuSEFirewall_setup needs dhclient to be working SuSEfirewall_final it should work by all means now

The insserv makes sure that SuSEfirewall_setup (phase 2)is initiated after
dhclient script

HTH

< Previous Next >