Re: [SLE] firewall test... reason for worries?
  • From: Piet Roorda <prooroa@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 05:48:36 +0100
Anders Johansson wrote:

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 05.20, Piet Roorda wrote:

Anders Johansson wrote:

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 04.50, Piet Roorda wrote:

thanks for the explanation, can you expand a bit on how the're being
able to
retreive workgroup and computername? should I considder this a woe or a
blessing?

How did you surf into their site? Could they be getting that info from the
browser perhaps?

//Anders

My browser is mozilla 0.94

piet

OK, I assume you're running either windows or samba, since otherwise "workgroup" means nothing. And if ports 137, 138 and 139 are blocked in the firewall, the browser is the only thing that could possibly give them that information. I strongly doubt it gives any samba related info on a linux box, but I don't know what it does on windows.

//Anders

yep Samba is running with Suse 7.3 (pro), I'll have to check whitther one of these ports are in use by Samba
Maybe I should give it another try with Konquerer?
piet