Aufgabe: [SLE] dual boot Win XP and SuSE 7.3
  • From: oliverfuchs1@xxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 07:14:46 +0100

Thema
Aufgabe: [SLE] dual boot Win XP and SuSE 7.3

Beginnt:

Priorität:

Fällig:

Typ
Gruppenaufgabe

|------------------|
| [ ] Wiederholend |
|------------------|
Besitzer:
oliver fuchs/Private Edition
Zuweisungen bereits gesendet

An:
suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx
Kopie:

|----------------------------|
| [ ] Als 'Privat' markieren |
|----------------------------|
Andere Personen können keine Einzelheiten über diese
Veranstaltung anzeigen.
|--------------------------|
| [ ] Mich benachrichtigen |
|--------------------------|
Lassen Sie sich von Notes vor Veranstaltungsbeginn
benachrichtigen.
Kategorisieren:

Beschreibung:

__________________

This is in reply to a previuos thread that I lost. I hope the appropriate
reader gets this info...
As I said, I'd test out the dual-boot of WinXP and SuSE. So I fired up the
wife's PC...I like to test things out on her machine first, ya know! Well
anyways, it had a clean install of WinXP Pro with NTFS, I used Partition
Magic6 and proceeded to make room for Linux. I created a 2GB partition
behind the windows, and then installed SuSE 7.3 to it, the installer
recognized another OS on the machine and suggested that I write LILO to a
floppy, I over-rode that by clicking on configure or customize, whichever
it was, and opted to put LILO in the MBR. Good News!!! It boots both just
fine. I then wanted to see if I could revert back to using the windows
loader, so I wiped the Linux partition and then booted from a Win98 Startup
disk and ran FDISK /MBR then removed floppy and re-booted, Voila! There was
Windows XP starting up. Thank God it worked or my wife would've killed me,
Linux saved my ass again!!!

http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/