Mozilla java errors
  • From: John Sved <johnsved@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 16:38:54 +0100
Mozilla 0.9.8 still does not work as well as Netscape 4.77. I had to
use NS to successfully do some online shopping. Mozilla's JavaScript
console reported errors such as:

Error: redeclaration of const hide
Source File: chrome://wallet/content/walletOverlay.js
Line: 1

Error: illegal character
Source File:
http://www.conradcom.de/sap/its/mimes/zprt_con_glb/99/script/bbpscript.js
Line: 611, Column: 55
Source Code:

Error: z_form_check_key is not defined

Error: SetOkCode is not defined

Is this due to as yet not defined symbolic links etc.?

Note: I have made the sym links to java and JRE in /usr/local/ and that cured several problems.

Does anybody have a systematic checklist to get Mozilla running fully
and as correctly as possible at present within SuSE 7.2 ?

  • No further messages