Re: [SLE] SuSEfirewall2 help needed
  • From: Piet Roorda <prooroa@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 13:55:10 +0100
Dallam wrote:

Hi All,
I just installed 7.3 on this box. I know squat about iptables and
SuSEfirewall2 as on 7.1 I had to use ipchains with a winmodem. So,
after reading the README I went into rc.config.d/firewall2.config
and set #2 to ppp0 (dial-up account) and left #9 alone. When I boot,
initial stage says done, but stage 2 fails. I have to start the
firewall by /sbin/SuSEfirewall2. What am I doing wrong here?
Yes, I selected start fw2 yes, startfw is set to no (which is
personal firewall I believe).
Best regards,
Dallam

same here, yast2 doesn't help much. you have to manually configure the firewall script.
Forgot where it was but it is somwhere in /bin or /etc or whatever
there is also documatation in /usr/share/doc/packages/firewall
piet