RE: Re: [SLE] KonCD
  • From: DSprankle2@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dale A. Sprankle II)
  • Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 12:32:14 -0500
Ted Wager <twager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Monday 04 March 2002 13:44, you wrote:
I had the same problem, even after invoking chmod 666 on all it still would
not function as user. I found this in the readme and tried it, and now I'm
able to burn as regular user. Hope it works for you too!

Make sure you have enough permissions to cdrecord !
To make this, type at the console 'as root':

chown root /usr/bin/cdrecord
chmod 4711 /usr/bin/cdrecord

'/usr/bin/cdrecord' is the default path. When you don't know, where
cdrecord is located, type 'whereis cdrecord' ! Then you have the complete
path of them !

Ted Wager <twager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi..
I am trying to setup KonCD..It will configure as root but as a user tells
me it cannot find cd-writer...sr0 is setup for all to use as is
cdrecord,mkisofs etc..I can record ok with xcdroast but not being able
to setup the kde burner is bugging me...Any help appreciated
--
Thanks for the info...Now works a treat...