Re: [SLE] Dual boot
  • From: "Clinton F. Aarts" <cfaarts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 15:33:57 +0100
If you have done it with partition magic then you are playing it safe. Once you install SuSE (make sure you select the partition you made for SuSE and not your windows partition) you can chose to install LILO at the beginning of your MBR or have it installed on a floppy, after installation your system will boot up and give 4 options
1Linux
2SuSE
3 windows/NT
4 memory test

hope this answered your question

Clinton

Michael Garabedian wrote:

I am trying to set up a dual boot system with one hard drive..

I have used partition magic to reduce the size of my current partition
and tried installing linux to the empty partition,
Now I would like to boot the computer and have it ask me which system to
start.
Is there a way I can do that without screwing up what is already on my
computer.

And more importantly, how do I do that.

Please.

Mike