Re: [SLE] Suse Kernel 2.4.18 with NVIDIA confusion
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 22:51:48 -0800
* Art Fore (art_fore@xxxxxxxx) [020303 22:48]:
->Thanks Anders
->
->That got the Nvidia drivers installed and that seems to be working. Sound
->even kept working, but problem I was hoping to cure that came with 2.4.17 is
->still there. That is, the mouse is still flakey. When I click on the KDE
->start menu, most of the time, I have to click 3 or 4 times before the menu
->comes up and stays up. Most of the time it comes up and goes right away. It
->is almost like a contact bounce on the mouse switch, but did not have this
->problem until 2.4.17. Tried to adjust some settings in the mouse portion of
->the control panel, but that also did not help. This is quite irritating as
->it also does it when clicking on files in Konqueror, etc.
->
->Anyone have any ideas on this?
->
->Mouse is Microsoft intellieye wheel mouse with device = /dev/psaux and
->imps/2 protocol according to XF86Config. Vendor is AutoDetected and ZAxis
->Mapping is "4 5"

I've seen this with KDE 2.2.2 and you know what cured the weird mouse
behavior and slow menu's for me..downgrading to QT 2.3.1. I didn't
realize what a problem 2.3.2 was until I downgraded. Give that a shot if
you are running 2.3.2 and see if it doesn't help.

Ben Rosenberg mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx
"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around the more I
think it might not be a bad thing." -JC