Re: [SLE] connect two boxes thru the internet... but how
  • From: Austin Morgan <admorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 13:10:36 -0600
Piet,
WU-FTP is a service and not an ftp client. Therefore it would not
appear in your kde menu. If you go to /usr/share/doc/packages/ftp it
should have documentation for you to read about setting it up correctly.
You should be for warned that FTP by default transmits passwords in
clear text of the internet. This is a Bad Thing tm and should be
avoided. The documentation should have instructions for a more secure
setup.
An LUG is a Linux Users Group. There are very few places now days
that don't have one readily accessable. If you don't know where yours
meets you might asking around in the computer stores, I have found that
although the people who work there don't go (If they did it would
improve the quality of the support they offer, but even if you invite
them they don't usually come) they know who is in it and where they
meet. It is a valuable resource for someone just getting into the linux
world and even for those of us that have been using it regulary since
93.

Austin