Re: [SLE] Creating a copy of a CD Image
  • From: Cincai Patron <cincaipatron@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 22:27:27 -0800 (PST)
err, sorry, newbie question: what is loopback file system,
where can I find info about this?

-- Verdi March --

--- Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
yes it can

//Anders

On Friday 01 March 2002 19:43, dog@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
can this image be mounted as a loopback file system like images
created
with mkisofs?

You said:
On Friday 01 March 2002 18:52, Ron Cordell wrote:
Hi all,

I know that the answer to this is easy, but I can't seem to
figure it
out... I have a data CD, and I want to make an iso image of it
so that I
can upload the iso image to another storage location
(fileserver, for
example). I looked mkisofs, and I think I could use this tool,
but is
there another, more direct way to get the CD image?

Thanks,

-ronc

dd if=/dev/cdrom of=image.iso

for instance