From: "Landy Roman" <landy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Anders Johansson" <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 6:55 PM
Subject: Re: [SLE] RE: splash screen

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002 03:50:32 +0100
Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Saturday 02 March 2002 03:50, Landy Roman wrote:
i tried running mk_initrd and failed

Well mk_initrd is really an essential step in the boot splash thingy. If
it fails I'm not really all that surprised you don't get the graphics.

Did you get any error messages or anything?

using "/dev/hda3" as root device (mounted on "/")
no initrd required
rmdir: too few arguments
Try `rmdir --help' for more information.