Re: [SLE] RE: splash screen
it's been awhile since i messed with compiling my 2.4.16 kernel with some
local mods on 7.3... but doesn't the splash screen go into the initrd
config stuff? seems that's where i put it...

kenb

The following site explains how to disable it but looking at the
document will explain how to enable it as well.

http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/cstein_nosplash.html

Problem is, I know mine is configured right, I even have another computer
to compare it with. My suspicions are that the kernel (in my case the
2.4.16) wasn't compile to allow the splash screen. I can boot back up with
the 2.4.4 kernel that came with SuSE 7.2 and the splash screen works fine,
but the 2.4.16 kernel from SuSE's upgrade/kernel directory doesn not.