Re: [SLE] Creating a copy of a CD Image
  • From: Christopher John Shaker <cjshaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:50:40 -0800
Even better, use 'readcd', which detects read errors and
retries. On my system, I use it via:

readcd dev=0,6,0 f=disk_image.raw

The 0,6,0 specifies the SCSI bus and device for my CD-R.

Chris Shaker

On Friday 01 March 2002 09:55, Anders Johansson wrote:
On Friday 01 March 2002 18:52, Ron Cordell wrote:
Hi all,

I know that the answer to this is easy, but I can't seem to figure it
out... I have a data CD, and I want to make an iso image of it so that I
can upload the iso image to another storage location (fileserver, for
example). I looked mkisofs, and I think I could use this tool, but is
there another, more direct way to get the CD image?

Thanks,

-ronc

dd if=/dev/cdrom of=image.iso

for instance